Going into nursing can be a wise career choice for single mothers for several reasons:
- The area almost always has jobs available.
- Single mothers frequently have powerful caregiving instincts.
- special scholarships to examine nursing are available.
- As colleges and universities look to catch their fair share of the emerging single mother student marketplace, they are offering numerous grants and scholarships to make single moms’ dreams a reality.
The main sources of help for faculty are federal and state governments, private civic associations, corporations, non-profit organizations and the schools themselves.
Where You Get Nursing Scholarship For Single Mother
The Carl W. Bull Nursing Scholarship attempts to provide financial assistance to single mothers who would like to become nurses.
All applicants must maintain a SAC Nursing program. They must be either a primary or second-year student. With the scholarship, students need to complete the nursing practice. Financial need must be shown and people who are single parents are preferred.
- National Nursing Scholarship For Single Mother
The NURSE Corps Scholarship Program helps students who want to be a nurse. It assists those wanting to seek an RN all of the way to an NP. The scholarship money can be used on tuition and other fees associated with the nursing program.
They need to be enrolled or accepted into a nursing diploma program in the USA. They must start classes before September 30th, rather than grip Federal judgment liens, Federal debt, or any service commitments.
Scholarship amount varies based on the price of tuition, fees, books, and then a monthly stipend. The monthly stipend a few recipients were given for the 2012-2013 school year was $1,289.
- Chances Scholarship App For Single Mother
This informative article problem brings consciousness to the business that attempts to educate individuals on the significance of fire sprinklers. This is not a financial need-based scholarship application.
Applicants must be United States citizens using a high school diploma or GED. They need to be registered in a school, university, or trade school.
Every year, the organization awards $5,000 with five awards of $1,000 each year. The check is written to the faculty the awardee is still attending.
5 Sources for Nursing Scholarships
Several grants are available for prospective nurses in exchange for an agreement to serve, after graduation, in a part of the nation in which there is a nursing shortage.
Here are a few additional examples of nursing scholarships for single mothers Links to an external site.:
- The Mary Blake Single Mother Nursing Scholarship
- This scholarship is named in honor of Mary Blake, a single mother, and a registered nurse. You merely write an article of 500 words to vie for a scholarship.
- The Foundation for the National Student Nurses Association
- This group also provides scholarships to single mothers and has awarded more than $2 million in the 40 years since its founding.
- The Emergency Nurses Association
- This organization”promotes the discipline of emergency nursing” through grants and college scholarships.
- St. Luke’s College, Iowa
- Single mothers with a completed FAFSA that indicates a non Expected Family Contribution is most likely to win these scholarships; a separate program has to be made for this, along with the FAFSA.
- Local hospitals
Local hospitals frequently have scholarship applications for those who will work for them during their studies and upon graduation. Get in touch with your nearby hospital(s), or hospitals in different parts of the country in which you’re willing to reside. University and teaching hospitals are your best bets.
These are just examples of scholarships specifically targeting single mothers who are pursuing nursing as a career. Innumerable other sources of scholarships for single mothers exist, regardless of what field the mother is analyzing in to get a degree.